[squid-users] Re: Number of Connections

From: Jae Yang \(Columbia\) <sy180@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:47:40 -0400

Hello.

I would immensely appreciate it if someone could help me understand how
maxconn works.

1. What is the default maxconn value?

2. If a user tries to open more connections than the maxconn value, what
happens? Does the new connection get denied?

3. Do you need many connections per user if the client browser uses
persistent connection? For example, can you not just set maxconn to 1 if the
browser is using persistent connection to proxy?

Thank you in advance.

Jae Yang