Re: AW: [squid-users] logrotate

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 May 2003 11:15:52 +0200

mån 2003-05-19 klockan 09.00 skrev oliver.fink@ak-vorarlberg.at:
> You set the Number of copies in your squid.conf
> with the parameter:
> logfile_rotate 15
> (That would be 15 copies of the logfile)
>
> Then you add a line to your crontab in which you do
> a daily "squid -k rotate"

Or if you use an external log rotation program like logrotate then you
set logfile_rotate 0 in squid.conf, and instruct the external log
rotation program to call "squid -k rotate" when it has renamed the log
files to have Squid reopen the log files.

You never specify an argument to "squid -k rotate". The number of log
files to save is either configured in the configuration file for your
external log rotation program (usually /etc/logrotate.d/squid if using
logrotate) or in squid.conf if not using an external log rotation
program.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before