[squid-users] Authenticated Chaining with M$ ISA Server

From: <Adam_Humphreys@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:16:26 +0100

OK,

I'll freely admit I'm a hopeless newbie with both Linux AND Squid. But I'm
trying to learn, so please be gentle ;o)

I want to configure Squid as the child cache in a chain with and ISA cache
as the parent. The child will proxy intranet and Internet requests, with
only Intranet requests going to the ISA server. The ISA Server requires
users to authenticate against the Windows 2000 Active Directory domain.

The Squid server is Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 with Squid 2.4 R7 and my
questions are:

1) Is this configuration possible?
2) Do I need Apache to run Squid?
3) Do have to configure any daemon or Squid to pass through the user
authentication for Internet requests?
4) To keep the Linux build minimal, what are the minimum things that need to
be loaded?

Sorry for any idiotic terms or questions, but I'm trying! Any pointers in
the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
                Adam.

JLT Management Services Limited
6 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2PH. Co Reg No 1536540
Tel: (44) (0)20 7528 4000 Fax: (44) (0)20 7528 4500
http://www.jltgroup.com
The content of this e-mail (including any attachments) as
received may not be the same as sent. If you consider that
the content is material to the formation or performance of
a contract or you are otherwise relying upon its accuracy,
you should consider requesting a copy be sent by facsimile
or normal mail. The information in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete this e-mail entirely - you must not retain,
copy, distribute or use this e-mail for any purpose or
disclose any of its content to others.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail
that do not relate to the official business of JLT
Management Services Limited shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it. Please note we intercept and
monitor incoming / outgoing e-mail and therefore you should
neither expect nor intend any e-mail to be private in nature.

We have checked this e-mail for viruses and other harmful
components and believe but not guarantee it virus-free prior
to leaving our computer system. However, you should satisfy
yourself that it is free from harmful components, as we do
not accept responsibility for any loss or damage it may
cause to your computer systems.