Re: [squid-users] Squid & Bind

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:10:07 +0200

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 10.53, Marc Elsen wrote:
> RickyHadlocon@roasters.com.ph wrote:
> > But why is it that I don't experience this problem of my second
> > Squid proxy? Both are running Squid/2.4.STABLE7.
>
> Because ,in general support for 2.4 releases is fading out,
> you may also benefit from other and probably many extra
> enhancements in squid.

True.

The answer to your question is however: we do not know. Something must
be different between your two proxy servers and you probably know
what may be different better than any of us.. The error you are
seeing is not an expected error, but indicates there is some problem
to write to the file.. check disk space, file sizes, messages etc..

What Marc is trying to say is that because you are having problems
with an old release it is now a very good time to upgrade to the
currently supported Squid version before digging too deep into the
problem. Squid-2.4 is no longer maintained or bugfixed, so even if
you manage to prove there is a problem in Squid-2.4 it won't be fixed
unless the problem can be shown to exist in the current supported
version, in which case a fix will be provided for current supported
version.