[squid-users] reverse proxy wtih squid

From: <richard.fuser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:14:37 +1000

Greetings List!

I am in need of a product to use as a reverse proxy.

PDA's will connect via GPRS into our corprate LAN which will talk to this
proxy.

Our provider will have a frame relay link into our premises which will
connect to a firewall.

The idea was to run a reverse proxy inside a DMZ off that firewall which
would talk to the appropriate server on behalf of the client.

My idea was to just run squid if possible as the reverse proxy on the
firewall box (solaris)

I have seen reverse proxy talked about in the devel versions of squid, what
is squid 2.5 lik for reverse proxys?

If squid is not the best way to go, can anyone reccomend other possible
solutions.

Regards,
Richard Fuser
Firewall Administrator