RE: [squid-users] Squid being slow more than a direct connection (same thing for me)

From: Clark Allan Dave <clark.dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:43:26 +0200

I had the exact same problem; it was fixed by increasing the Ram.
We found that the there where too many page io requests, causing too much swapping and degrading the performance. If you look at the FAQ there is a guide to working out if page faults are the problem. It goes like this page io requests divided by total http requests. (I am sure Henrik or some nice person will tell you where to find it the FAQ.

I am no expert, so I could be wrong, just saying what fixed our problem.

Hope it helps

Regards

Dave Clark

SIEMENS V D O SV  IO IT CO