RE: [squid-users] Squid being slow more than a direct connection (same thing for me)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 May 2003 18:00:27 +0200

tis 2003-05-27 klockan 16.43 skrev Clark Allan Dave:
> I had the exact same problem; it was fixed by increasing the Ram.
> We found that the there where too many page io requests, causing too
> much swapping and degrading the performance. If you look at the FAQ
> there is a guide to working out if page faults are the problem. It
> goes like this page io requests divided by total http requests. (I am
> sure Henrik or some nice person will tell you where to find it the
> FAQ.

The following FAQ entries are recommended reading on this topic in the
order listed:

  8.11 How much memory do I need in my Squid server?

  11.17 My Squid becomes very slow after it has been running
  for some time.

  Other entries in Chapter 8 Memory Usage

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before