Re: [squid-users] squid load balancing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 May 2003 18:05:54 +0200

tis 2003-05-27 klockan 17.12 skrev
stephane.konstantaropoulos@banksys.be:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> The company I work for is a bit strange when networking comes along.
>
> The problem:
>
> Two (external) identical web servers, same name, two IP addresses.
> My squid server forwarding the http requests from my network.
>
> I need to access these web servers through squid, with some kind of load
> balancing (like round robin or so). The servers are the same, just the IP
> address differs.
>
> Is it possible to configure squid to do that?

Squid automatically does so if you have a DNS record with both IP
addresses.

You can also set up direct request routing via the
cache_peer+cache_peer_access directives (configure the web servers as
parent, and only allow the correct domain(s) to be sent there) in which
case you can use the peer load balancing methods of Squid (i.e.
round-robin)

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before