Re: [squid-users] Log MAC Address

From: <g_squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 20:35:42 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, I only need to log the MAC addresses of PC connected in my LAN for
audit purposes. This feature actually is implemented in SQUID? or maybe
throght a patch?

Some LAN users are changing their IP addreses and I need detailed
information.

Thanks in advance

> On Thursday 29 May 2003 18.15, g_squid@netfids.com wrote:
>> Hi friends, I need to include the MAC Address in access.log How can I do
this?

> You can't without writing the feature in Squid.
>
> Note: It is only technically possible to log the MAC address of
connections from stations locally connected to the same network segment as
your Squid proxy. There MUST NOT be a router between Squid and the clients
for this to theoretically work.