[squid-users] Re: squid+cache+question!!!!

From: Sukhjit Singh <sukhjits@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 14:41:32 +0530

Hi Dear,

Am using linux 8.0 with kernel 2.4.19

* You need several cache drives and use aufs/diskd (which to use
depends on your OS). Squid puts a quite high load on harddrive seek
times---------->>which is better aufs/diskd for redhat linux.

* You need to tune your system for many filedescriptors. 200-300
hits/s you will certainly run into the default limit of 1024
filedescriptors/process after a while. Depending on your OS type you
also may need to tune the max number of sockets open, network I/O
buffers etc.---------->>how many sockets to open.

and whihc will be the best cahce_replacement policy or should i use the
default LRU---->>kindly recoment.
what should be the cache_mem size --->>i have 512Mb RAM.

i would be highly greatfull if you could help me out with these questions.

   Regards

   Sukhjit Singh
   Network Administrator
   Emmsons Infotech Ltd.