[squid-users] Re: squid+cache+question!!!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:13:14 +0200

On Saturday 31 May 2003 11.11, Sukhjit Singh wrote:

> which is better aufs/diskd for redhat linux.

aufs. And I would recommend starting with at least 4 cache drives.

>> * You need to tune your system for many filedescriptors. 200-300
>> hits/s you will certainly run into the default limit of 1024
>> filedescriptors/process after a while. Depending on your OS type
>> you also may need to tune the max number of sockets open, network
>> I/O buffers etc.
>
> how many sockets to open.

My recommendation for this kind of very high load is to configure your
system with 4096 filedescriptors for Squid and the double as system
wide limit both for open files and for sockets.

> and whihc will be the best cahce_replacement policy or should i use
> the default LRU---->>kindly recoment.
> what should be the cache_mem size --->>i have 512Mb RAM.

LRU works well.

cache_mem should not be set too high. With only 512Mb memory you do
not have much spare for a decent cache size at these rates. (see the
Squid FAQ on memory usage).