Re: [squid-users] Password prompt pops up when using NTLM authenticator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:39:27 +0200

On Friday 30 May 2003 22.15, Claudio Alonso wrote:
> Hi, I've been using squid 2.5-STABLE2 with NTLM authentication in
> my company for a few months, and I'm having a persistent problem
> which I can't fix. May be you can give me a clue.

Try increasing the number of NTLM children. Bad things will happen if
you run out of them, and NTLM authentication makes very long and
frequent use of the helper..

cachemgr can be used to get a feeling of how your authenticator
children is used. If you find that the last ntlm helper have been
used more than occationally then you need more of them. Preferably
you should have a number of ntlm helper children which is barely used
at all.

basic authentication is not by far as sensitive on the number of
helpers, and the use of the helpers is much more limited in basic
authentication.