[squid-users] Hack Protektion and rewriting a Link

From: <sebastian.nell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:24:02 +0200

Hi I have Squid running as a Reverse Proxy, accelerating requests from the
Internet to some Internal Servers.
Users have to authenticate with Ldap_Auth.
I have 2 questions.

1. How could I make squid more secure? Is there any way to prevent (!)
attacks like Brute Force?

2. I use a redirector script who tells squid where to go when users send
requests through the internet my problem
 is that I have a message board on one of these Servers where internal and
external users have access to an if a internal
users posts a internal URL like ftp://192.168.1.2/sample.doc the external
user obviously can?t access that file. Is there a
possibility to get rid of this problem? Maybe there is a way squid could
execute a script on outgoing traffic which would rewrite
all the links in a html page?

Thanks in advance

Sebastian Nell

Beratungsgesellschaft