Re: [squid-users] squid and XFS?

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:24:32 +0200

* Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>:

> When MARA Systems last played with reiserfs we found it quite
> sensitive to I/O errors. If a harddrive went bad then it easily could
> produce kernel panics, while ext2 just gave errors in most cases.
> Admittedly this was nearly three years ago and quite likely things
> most likely have improved considerably since then. Have not tested
> how ext3 behaves under such conditions.

Like ext2

> reiserfs however showed to be quite fast and space efficient,
> especially on small files quite commonly seen in a Squid cache.

Yup. And since the cache may be lost due to fs corruption, why not use
ReiserFS? Our argumentation is the same for XFS: It's fast, and good
for data that may be lost.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Mitte                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155