Re: [squid-users] --> Re: Helpt with LDAP AUTH

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Jun 2003 14:20:45 +0200

ons 2003-06-04 klockan 13.07 skrev
=?utf-8?Q?Alex_Carlos_Braga_Ant?==?utf-8?Q?=C3=A3o?=:

> Thanks, yesterday, just bofore a go home I could see what was happening:
> My file whit the usernames was in the form: domain\user, because I also
> use NTLM for authenticate. After I put my user name in the form: user in
> the file, it worked.
> This makes me think again about a problem I had some months ago: my SARG
> report will show two different users: domain\user and user
> Aren´t there someting I can do to make both users authentication schemes
> log on the access.log file just user, ou domain\user ????

It is very hard for Squid to know that domain\user and user is the same
user. To Squid the two are different users as their login name is
different.

It may be possible to extend Squid to add configuration directives
telling Squid that domain\user and user is in fact the same user, but
this is not a function which exists in Squid today.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before