[squid-users] http_access and delay pools

From: Josh Dixon <Josh.Dixon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 11:05:52 +1000

Hi all,

I have discovered that if I remove delay pools from my configuration
altogether, I am able to display a correct error page based on a
http_access deny rule, but if I add the delay pool configuration back
into squid, the error page will not be displayed, and the authentication
dialog box pops back up.

When the authentication dialog pops up, the proper error page is never
displayed, even if the user cancels the dialog box.

Is this a bug in squid's acl processing? I would have thought that a
http_access deny rule that was before a delay pool entry would simply
deny the request without even looking for a delay pool? All of my delay
pool configuration is at the end of the squid.conf file, after the acls
and http_access lines.