[squid-users] VB.net App not working with Squid

From: Brian Peterson <bpeterson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:46:32 -0700

Hello all,

I'm a fairly new user of squid. I'm using squid as a reverse proxy.

I have a VB.NET Application --> Squid --> apache/tomcat setup. I get errors
of:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll
Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
error occurred on a receive.
From the VB App, and a log line such as:

1.2.3.4 - - [05/Jun/2003:16:59:12 -0700] "POST http:/somewhere HTTP/1.1" 100
93 TCP_MISS:DIRECT

in my access.log on squid.

Accessing apache/tomcat directly yields a good response.

Snipplet of squid.conf file:
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl safemethods method GET POST CONNECT
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny !safemethods

The reason I suspect squid or some interconnectivity thereof is under a
Netscape proxy setup, this was working well. Netscape was pretty plain
setup, forward and reverse mappings.

I checked the archive search, FAQ, google, nothing seems to be yielding
anything useful.

Any help/pointers would be appeciated.

Brian