Re: Re: [squid-users] ICAP and FTP? (and what about archives?)

From: Matthias Mikuletz <mmi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:21:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Henrik,

thanks for your quick answer!

> > since I'd like to have squid using an external engine to scan web
> > content, I started to play a little with squid-icap and the Symantec
> > ScanEngine.
> > After a few tries I managed to compile and run squid-2.5STABLE3 with a
> > slightly adapted ICAP-patch. And it works.

> Which version of the ICAP patch are you using?
>
> What changes have you done?

I just bluntly used the squid-2.5STABLE1.icap-1.2.1.patch, tried to patch
it over squid-2.5STABLE3, analysed the one hunk that failed and corrected
that like I thought it had to be.
This was hunk 12 in file src/client_side.c. There, the call to
clientAccessCheck is replaced by the patch. In STABLE3 there is a
condition around the call and I just applied this part of the patch to
both occurences of clientAccessCheck. I'll send you the patch, if you
like.

Certainly this procedure is far from scientifically correct, but since I'm
not really a developper, it was the only way I was able to jump that
train.

> Also, what icap service vectors are you using?

I'm using respmod_precache.

> Note: You might have better luck if you set up a parent proxy. In such
> case your Squid will use HTTP for fetching the ftp:// URL, just as the
> browser does when contacting Squid...

Cool. I'll try that one.

> No idea. The 201 Created ICAP response however looks a bit odd to me..
> not what I would expect from a ICAP server in response to any ICAP
> method..

In the meantime I made some progress about that one.
With activated debugging output in squid, it was obvious that squid and
the scan engine didn't get too well together in negotiating the ICAP
OPTIONS request.
After I changed the ICAP target in squid from icap://127.0.0.1/ to
icap://127.0.0.1/avscan they seem to get better on together.
This is not documented anywhere! I only found it somewhere on the web,
somebody using it like this.
I seems that archives work now, but I didn't have much time so far.

Still investigating...

Note: when using icap://127.0.0.1 (without the slash at the end) squid
is just catching an assertion and dies after startup when ICAP support is
turned on!

Greets
Matthias