Re: Re: [squid-users] ICAP and FTP? (and what about archives?)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Jun 2003 18:25:06 +0200

fre 2003-06-06 klockan 17.21 skrev Matthias Mikuletz:

> I just bluntly used the squid-2.5STABLE1.icap-1.2.1.patch, tried to patch
> it over squid-2.5STABLE3, analysed the one hunk that failed and corrected
> that like I thought it had to be.
>
> I'm using respmod_precache.

Ok. Should work I think, but stay away from the reqmod vectoring point
until further notice.

> > Note: You might have better luck if you set up a parent proxy. In such
> > case your Squid will use HTTP for fetching the ftp:// URL, just as the
> > browser does when contacting Squid...
>
> Cool. I'll try that one.
>
> After I changed the ICAP target in squid from icap://127.0.0.1/ to
> icap://127.0.0.1/avscan they seem to get better on together.
> This is not documented anywhere! I only found it somewhere on the web,
> somebody using it like this.
> I seems that archives work now, but I didn't have much time so far.

The ICAP service points and their functions and differences should be
documented by your ICAP server vendor. Without knowing the ICAP service
points defined by your ICAP server vendor there will be a lot of guess
work to get them to talk to each other correcly..

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before