Re: [squid-users] Squidalyser version 2.55

From: Anthony M. Rasat <a.m.rasat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:46:15 +0700

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 16:49, you wrote:

> Having spent all day working with an older version I can assure you that it
> is very simple cgi/perl scripts and is easily checked for malicious code.

If there are survey results that show statistical number of open source users
whom can read (and understand) source code and not, I'm pretty sure bigger
number are for those who can not read source code. I belong to those major
population who can not read source code. I can read and understand shell
scripting but not C/C++, Python, Perl and many other programming languages.
The worst part is I may not recognize codes that fall into malicious
category, so perhaps you can understand why MD5 sum plays important role
here.

About Squidalyser that (according to Henrik) its author and sites can not be
reacheable, and since Squid Cache is the main component here, perhaps Squid
Cache developers can add a note about Squidalyser existance and its
development status in Squidalyser link. My suggestion is Squidalyser can be
scratch off from Squid-cache.org related link (hopefully temporary) to
protect new Squid Cache user from downloading older or buggy version.

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Speednet Engineering
PT. Halmahera Palangkaraya