[squid-users] LDAP Auth + Passwd expiry

From: Frank Fegert <fra.nospam.nk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:54:06 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

we're using squid with the squid-ldap-auth helper to authenticate users &
groups against NDS. The NDS uses password aging with three "goodwill"
(whats the word in english?) logins after password expiration.
The problem right now is that the squid-auth helper consumes all "goodwill"
logins after a password has expired, without informing the user about
that fact. Thus the next logon to the OS is denied and the user has no
chance to change his password.
Is there a way to circumvent this problem?

Thanks,

          Frank

--
"Who cares what you're programmed for! If someone programmed you to jump
off a bridge, would you do it?"