Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 & LDAP Authentication

From: Simon Magee <SMagee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:25:10 +0100

Where can I get hold of a compilable version of the OpenLDAP, the ones I
have installed are the RPM versions?

>>> Cécile Leyman <cecile.leyman@gfi.be> 17/06/2003 15:27:27 >>>
NOTICE: This email originated from a source external to Bottomline
Technologies
Europe. As the internet is not a secure environment you may wish to
verify
the contents. Any email entering or leaving the Bottomline
Technologies Europe
Corporate Email System may be subject to archival and review by someone
other
than the intended recipient.
=========< postmaster@bottomline.co.uk >==========

Quoting Simon Magee <SMagee@bottomline.co.uk>:

> > I have installed Squid 2.5-STABLE3 and am trying to enable the
LDAP
> > authentication. I have rin the ./configure
> > --enable-basic-auth-helpers="LDAP" When I try and run this from
the
> > command line to test (using ./squid_ldap_auth -b o=searchbase -h
> > server.domain.com -p 389) and I get the response back of "ERR"
>
> --enable-external-acl-helpers="ldap_group"
> --enable-basic-auth-helpers="LDAP"
>
> > I have checked and I do have the LDAP libraries installed
> > (openldap-2.0.27-8)
>
> Should be installed the Openldap libraries :
> openldap-devel-2_0_27-8

I think that openldap 2.0.x uses LDAPv3 by default to communicate.
Squid communicates with LDAPv2.

Compile OpenLDAP with this flags "--enable-referrals" and add "allow
bind_v2"
in your slapd.conf under your rights rules.

Regards,

Cecile.

Mail sent through GFI Mailserver1.0
info: ava@gfi.be

NOTICE: All email sent to or from this address will be received by the
Bottomline Technologies Europe Corporate Email System and is subject to
archival and review by someone other than the intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is
strictly prohibited. All email accounts hosted by this Company are
corporate email accounts which exist for the purpose of supporting
the business activities of this Company. These accounts and their contents
remain at all times the property of this Company. They are not personal
email accounts and must not be used for the purpose of exchanging
Sensitive Personal Information as defined by the UK Data Protection
Act 1998 (1998 c29). Please address an enquiry regarding this notice to
postmaster@bottomline.co.uk

Bottomline Technologies Europe Ltd, Chatham Street, Reading, RG1 7JX, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)118 925 8250
http://www.bottomline.co.uk