Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 & LDAP Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:59:44 +0200

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 18.25, Simon Magee wrote:
> Where can I get hold of a compilable version of the OpenLDAP, the
> ones I have installed are the RPM versions?

Any version of the OpenLDAP libraries works fine. Your problem is
elsewhere.

You have specified the base DN, but you have not specified how the
helper is to find the user names. In this mode the helper assumes all
users are direcly below the base DN as uid=<login>,o=searchbase. You
should probably be using a -f argument to specify a search filter
whereby the helper should search for the user somewhere below your
base dn. See the squid_ldap_auth documentation.