Re: [squid-users] dansguardian or squidguard ?

From: Stephen J. McCracken <smccrack@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Jun 2003 12:02:27 -0500

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 02:56, Raja R wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which is the better one out of dansguardian and
> squidguard for content filtering ?

Only you can decide which is better. From what I understand, Squidguard
is recommended if you want to only rely on URL lists. Dansguardian has
the added feature of scanning the text of pages to block based on words
found in the page so would be better for blocking "unacceptable" pages
found outside of the URL lists, but this has overhead slowing down the
arrival of pages.