[squid-users] Re: squid-2.5.STABLE3 and cyrus-sasl-2.1.13

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:22:56 +0200

On Friday 20 June 2003 16.43, matthias.wolf wrote:
> hello,
>
> software: squid-2.5.STABLE3 and cyrus-sasl-2.1.13
>
> i want to run squid by authentication versus cyrus-sasl. during the
> compilation quid expects the cyrus-sasl *.h-files. after copying
> them in the squid-include directory, the compilation fales.
> it looks like squid uses another md5.h file than cyrus-sasl.

The headers is expected to be found in the standard include path
somewhere, not in the squid include directory.

If your cyrus-sasl development libraries&headers are not installed in
a system standard location then you may need to edit
helpers/basic_auth/SASL/Makefile after running configure to include
the proper search paths in CFLAGS (-I/path/to/cyrus-sasl/include) and
LDFLAGS (-L/path/to/cyrus-sasl/lib).

If this does not help please describe the exact error you get.

Note: I have no problem compiling the SASL helper on RedHat Linux 9
with cyrus-sasl 2.1.10 (part of the package). However, I cannot test
the Squid SASL helper more than that it compiles as I am not using
SASL and have no experience of how to configure SASL.