Re: [squid-users] one last time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:40:14 +0200

On Friday 20 June 2003 20.38, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> i've gone to everyone i could think of to try and help with this.
> i've had no luck. so i'm going to ask here one more time.
>
> using the following config file, this proxy is insisting on doing
> dns resolution, which it can't do for external sites. i keep
> getting told that this should work, but it doesn't. could you all
> proof it for me and make sure i'm not doing anything wrong?

Works beautifully here with the exact same configuration. Saved your
configuration file, changed the paths and parents to work on my
system, added my networks to the our_networks, and removed
smartfilter directives. Then fired up Squid and it just works as
expected.

Try with a standard Squid without the smartfilter patch.