Re: [squid-users] LDAP Auth + Passwd expiry

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:29:21 +0200

On Saturday 21 June 2003 13.57, Frank Fegert wrote:

> Further testing showed, that after applying the deny_info-patch,
> the helper works fine, as long as squid is run in no-deamon mode
> (with de- bugging turned on). If i switch to deamon-mode - using
> "RunCache" - the helper instances are started on squid-startup, but
> die shortly after. Are there any special needs an external helper
> needs to fit to work with squid in deamon mode? Am i missing
> something here?

The helpers should not notice any difference from what I know and have
experienced.

However, maybe your helper tries to use /dev/tty for some reason.
Helpers should not use /dev/tty, but this is the only possible
difference I can estimate between daemon mode and no daemon mode.

Helpers should only use stdin/stdout/stderr (stderr for error logging
only).

Minor note: The RunCache scripts run Squid in no-daemon mode by using
the -N command line flag to Squid. The default is to run in daemon
mode.