[squid-users] LDAP Auth + Passwd expiry

From: Frank Fegert <fra.nospam.nk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:57:23 +0200 (MEST)

Hi again,

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> schrieb am 20.06.03 23:31:31:
> On Friday 20 June 2003 19.37, Frank Fegert wrote:
>
> > 1) if there are two ore more deny_info directives squid2.5STABLE3
> > core dumps or crashes with "Bus error" in my setup (solaris 2.8).
>
> This is a know error in Squid-2.5.STABLE3, and a patch is available
> from http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/

sorry, my bad! I missed this one.

> Then go back to testing the helper from command line..
>
> After responding with OK/ERR the helper should read another username
> from stdin, and again respond with OK/ERR. If your helper exits after
> processing the first user then this explains the symptoms.

Testing the helper on the command line yielded no error. The helper
works as expected (as far as i can tell ;-) ):
<filter>
fegert
OK
test
ERR

where "fegert" is me with password not expired and "test" is a user with
password expired, but some grace logins remaining.

Further testing showed, that after applying the deny_info-patch, the
helper works fine, as long as squid is run in no-deamon mode (with de-
bugging turned on). If i switch to deamon-mode - using "RunCache" -
the helper instances are started on squid-startup, but die shortly after.
Are there any special needs an external helper needs to fit to work with
squid in deamon mode? Am i missing something here?

Regards,

         Frank