Re: [squid-users] Squid and bandwidth saving!!!

From: Ahmad Masood Shah <masood@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:21:01 +0500

If you are using Squid then let me tell you, you did not need to configure
Squid if you have 50 or less clients. Squid by default do all things
regarding caching:)
you can make MRTG for Squid too. And show these MRTG to your boss. there
will be byte hit ratio and this is what you are saving bandwidth in %.
Can you let me know, in which enviornment you are using squid. software
house or ISP.
Most of the user are doing downloading or Browsing?
What you are seening in access.log and cache.log?

--
Best Regs,
Masood Ahmad Shah
|   Fibre Net (Pvt) Ltd. Lahore, Pakistan
|   Tel: +92-42-6677024
|   Mobile: +92-300-4277367
|   http://www.fibre.net.pk
(Dennis Ritchie)
"All I want is a few minutes alone with the source code for the universe and
a quick recompile."