[squid-users] squid using more bandwidth!!!

From: Sukhjit Singh <sukhjits@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:46:04 +0530

Dear Henrik/Ahmad

once again i need your help regarding the bandwidth usage of squid.It is
consuming more bandwidth than saving i doubt if it is saving anything.
How i found that squid is using more bandwidth is mentioned below.

I have a proxy server with about 50 users and it is connnected to squid with
wccp.
The ip address of my proxy server is 202.152.128.25
The ip address of my squid server is 202.152.128.2

When i check the ip accounting with a software called netflow i get the
following results
202.152.128.2 250Kb/s ------>>when using squid+wccp v2
202.152.128.25 170Kb/s------>>when using proxy server
alone WITHOUT squid.

The following is the http stats.
current hits 199.0 req/min
current requests 324.0 req/min

i have 3 scsi driver 8 GB each and they are 50% full.

so what is the fun using squid if it is consuming bandwidth rather saving,
kindly do clear me.

Regards
Sukhjit