Re: [squid-users] squid using more bandwidth!!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:28:50 +0200

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 17.39, Chijioke Kalu wrote:
> as regards to this (espiders & emailling progs) , do you know of
> anyway I can tell squid to refuse connections or drop the
> connections, or limit the bandwidth used for this specific
> programs, cause they do give me problems

There is multiple approaches. See delay_pools, acl max_user_ip, acl
browser, http_access and deny_info directives.

Your first task is figuring out how these can be identified. Some
access.log data with log_mime_hdrs enabled is a very good start (keep
this private to yourself as the data may contain users private
passwords etc).