[squid-users] redirector_access usage

From: Jay Turner <jturner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:17:43 +0800

Hi All,

I'm having some trouble getting the redirector_access directive to work
correctly for me with SquidGuard.
I'm using Squid2.5STABLE2 with Winbind/NTLM Group authentication
(wb_ntlmauth, wb_group), but I have tried on STABLE3 also with no luck.

I have three global groups on my NT domain - staff, students, block
Staff have unfiltered access
Students are filtered through squidguard
Users from both these groups can be added to the block group to disable
their access for whatever reason

The problem I am having is that when I add a user to the block group, it
blocks as planned, but when I subsequently remove them, the
redirector_access isn't working correctly.

i.e. I add a 'Staff' member to 'block' and they lose access (correct), then
I remove them from 'block' to re-instate access and then I find that the
Staff member now gets passed through to the redirector rather than bypassing
it.
From cache.log: