[squid-users] Still Fail to Authenticate

From: Aqil <aq1l@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:29:24 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Chris Berry <compjma@hotmail.com> a écrit : >
>From: Aqil <aq1l@yahoo.fr>
> >I think something is still wrong in my
> userid:password
> >file...
> >I tried to make a sample file with single user and
> his
> >password in MD5 encryption format, using htpasswd:
> >

> You need to use the crypt() format instead of md5.

$htpasswd -bd /home/aqil/file1 user1
password4user1

Trying with an additional -u option seemed not to be
compatible with the htpasswd program I have. FYI, I am
using htpasswd which is delivered defaultly in RedHat
8.0

Then I tried my file1:
#/usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth /home/aqil/file1
password4user1
ERR

I also try the authentication from the browser prompt,
but also fail to recognize the password..

here is the content of my file1 :
user1:Q9jp0EYusm5eo

Is there someone out there who wants to kindfully try
for me (with ncsa authentication scheme ? :)

And here is my squid.conf

authenticate_program
/usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth /home/aqil/file1

acl myusers auth_proxy REQUIRED
http_access allow myusers
http_access deny all

thanks for all folks.. [mainly for Henrik, Lievan &
Chris, sorry for typo :) ]

regards
aqil