Re: [squid-users] Segment Violation

From: Ethy H. Brito <ethy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:45:57 -0300 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Monday 23 June 2003 15.59, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
>
> > There is a bug report I opened a few days ago about a very similar
> > problem. I still got no answers from the developers about that
> > dispite the fact it is stated as critical with priority 2.
>
> To be honest with you the Squid developers blindly ignore whatever you
> assign as level or priority of a Squid bug report. Not because we
> ignore you, but our opinion of priority and severity is often very
> different from that of the bug reporter.

I liked the politically correct "blindly ignore"! :-)
And based on that I decided to recompile squid.
I was suspected that it is a runaway pointer that "lost its way home".
I recompiled it without the --enable-linux-netfilter (I do not need it anymore).
The executable become about 400 bytes smaller and
the bug desapeared. Probably (certaintly) it moved to somewhere else.
But up to this moment it is still dormant (hope it stay there).
It is possible now to "reconfig" and "rotate" without any problems.
(I know it is not a solution. But at least I can wait for that without my
logs getting huge)

Regards

Ethy H. Brito /"\
InterNexo Ltda. \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
+55 (12) 3941-6860 X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
S.J.Campos - Brasil / \