Re: [squid-users] My ignorance or Squid lack this?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:56:48 +0200

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 00.21, Bernhard Erdmann wrote:
> Well, my feeling is you should talk to your user and explain him
> why sucking at 2 Mb/s is bad would help much more than relying on
> technical solutions.

Or better yet, make use of the delay pool feature in Squid to prevent
users from getting that much bandwidth.

Users have very little control over how much bandwidth they will use
while downloading something. Most web clients tends to try to get
things as fast as they can with no option to slow down things to
reasonable speeds to be friendly..