Re: [squid-users] cache_peer for authorisation on upstream proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 25 Jun 2003 15:14:46 +0200

ons 2003-06-25 klockan 14.18 skrev Mr. Proxy:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> yes this is correct that there is nothing to cache on https, I know this but
> my problem
> is that the proxy authorisation on ssl connections does not work on M$
> Browsers < IE6 ;o(
> The Browsers crash if there was no authorisation over a http session first.
> So I search for a way to do this with a trick (upstream for auth).

And you have told Squid it is inside a firewall and must use the peer to
reach the Internet?

If not Squid will try to go direct to https sites even if you have cache
peers defined, as there is no benefit in using cache peers for
uncacheable content unless one absolutely must to for networking
reasons.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before