RE: [squid-users] Serious probem with transparent caching?

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:10:20 -0400

>> What browser are your clients using? Maybe there's a workaround.

>Mostly IE, I pressume.

That's what I thought, but I didn't want to assume. There is a workaround
for an IE refresh bug with transparent proxying you can set in your
squid.conf:

ie_refresh on

>> You could try turning off transparent caching.

> Heh, sure that would solve the problem, but then nothing would be
> cached. :-)

I didn't mean turn off the cache completely - just stop caching
transparently. Configure the browsers to directly use the cache. The IE bug
only affects transparent caching.

Adam

---