RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.5.STABLE3 and ntlm and authentication popup

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:22:38 -0400

> Thank you for the info, I will keep an eye on this. To allow the
> connection to squid's manager required a reconfigure, and it looks like
> the ntlm statistics started over so I don't have the last batch of
> numbers. Now, however, I know what to look for, and in the meantime
> I've also upped ntlm children.

A reconfigure will wipe that data out, because Squid will kill and restart
all its auth helpers during a reconfigure. Once you get some statistics that
include when the problem occurs, post them to the list.

BTW, what are the specs on your authentication server (OS, harware, number
of users)?

Adam

---