RE: [squid-users] question about Forcing proxy.

From: Jason Brashear <jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:16:58 -0500

One more thing to add..

Also when I ad this line
to my firewall rules:
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

I get this in my web browser:

ERROR

----
While trying to retrieve the URL: /
The following error was encountered:
Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:
Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
Missing hostname
Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
Your cache administrator is jason@patriotconnect.com.
----
Generated Wed, 02 Jul 2003 02:13:53 GMT by firewall.hostrocks.com
(squid/2.5.STABLE1)
I have a system running SQUID with two nics.
One Public and one private.
The private issues a Dynamic IP address to the clients on the inside via
DHCP.
What I want to do is force all port 80 443 in bound traffic  to squid so
that
proxy occurs with out having to add a proxy server setting their browser.
Any ideas?
I know that I should be able to do this with IPTABLES.
I am running on RedHat 9.0 Also I hav esquid Guard installed and that seems
to really rock.
Please help!
Thank you,
-Jason Brashear