Re: [squid-users] Squid2.5Stable3 slow after go through whole list of acl

From: Tan Jun Min <tanjm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:53:25 +0800

i found that the only acl lists causing the squid to utilize a lots of cpu
time is the lists which contains the allow & deny lists. It's impossible for
me to remove any url listed. This is my configuration in squid.conf:

acl unauth_url url_regex -i "/apps/squid/etc/urldeny"
acl auth_url url_regex -i "/apps/squid/etc/urlallow"

where urldeny & urlallow is the text files contains the urls to deny & allow.
i suspect squid will go thru' this lists whenever user access a url which
causes the high cpu utilization.
Any other suggestion?