RE: [squid-users] How to fix active page time-outs? PLEASE HELP

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:56:24 -0400

> I came in this morning and tested this config again, and it is not
> working. I restarted the Squid service and this did not help. It looks
> like the timeout is back to 1 minute, but the conf file has a
> persistent_request_timeout of 30 minutes which was working yesterday. I
> don't understand WHY it would work yesterday and not today????? Any hint
> on how to T-shoot would be very helpful. TIA

How did you restart Squid? If you used -k reconfigure, try stopping and
starting Squid. Also, check cache.log for any error messages.

Do you have cache manager setup with a password? If so, you can go to the
cache manager page and view the current Squid config. This way you can
verify that Squid is using the parameter the way you set it.

Adam

---