RE: [squid-users] How to fix active page time-outs? PLEASE HELP

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:09:04 -0600

>>I came in this morning and tested this config again, and it is not
>>working. I restarted the Squid service and this did not help. It looks

>>like the timeout is back to 1 minute, but the conf file has a
>>persistent_request_timeout of 30 minutes which was working yesterday.
>>I don't understand WHY it would work yesterday and not today????? Any
>>hint on how to T-shoot would be very helpful. TIA

>How did you restart Squid? If you used -k reconfigure, try stopping and

>starting Squid.

I did a "service squid restart" on RH9. It does a complete stop then
start.

>Also, check cache.log for any error messages.

No errors

>Do you have cache manager setup with a password? If so, you can go to
the
>cache manager page and view the current Squid config. This way you can
>verify that Squid is using the parameter the way you set it.

I never have been able to get the sign-in to work. I have "http_access
allow manager all" for t-shooting and receive: "ERROR Cache Access
Denied." I might need some help getting that set up. I understand you do
not to provide a username and password to access the cachemgr.cgi page?
If the permissions on the cache directory belongs to "nobody" then can
user "apache" be able to access it? I wouldn't think so.

Can I send you my squid.conf personally and post the results to this
list?

TIA

-Mark