[squid-users] How to fix active page time-outs? PLEASE HELP

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:20:16 -0600

List,
I'm getting a lot of complaints from my users that when in active pages
the connection will just die. This can be duplicated with web mail
clients in MSN, yahoo and hotmail. It usually happens when typing then
sending a message. When sending, the next page will immediately be "page
cannot be displayed." Looking at an ethereal dump shows Squid sending
resets for all connections open to the client for that page. It must be
a timing issue because if you pre-type the message, then paste and send
it will post fine. I've seen this behavior with .jsp pages also at Nokia
tech support and Checkpoint software download center.

I am using Squid 2.5 Stable-2 in conjunction with wb_group auth. Please
help. Looks like I might loose this one to Microsoft's Proxy server if I
can't get this server working right. Please let me know if you need conf
files or packet traces. Thanks in advance.

-Mark Pelkoski