[squid-users] DNS question - running squid2.5Stable2

From: Zand, Nooshin <nooshin.zand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:14:00 -0700

Hi,
1)
It seems even though the first DNS entry in /etc/resolv.conf is not answering to dns query
squid still tries to send the query to it. (based on tcpdump data)
This causes slowness in web access.
How can I enforce squid to not send dns query for a some period of time to defected DNS server?

2)
In squid2.4 I had to disable internal_dns and run dnsserver in order to check /etc/host file.
It "seems" squid2.5 behaves the same. Please advise!

Regards
Nooshin