Re: [squid-users] Multiple Auth Realms / E-mail auth

From: Diego Rivera <lrivera@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Jul 2003 09:15:30 -0600

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 04:24, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Not only. The proxy_auth and proxy_auth_reges acl types also supports a
> kind of groups, but not external such.

I understand how proxy_auth_regex could be able to do this, but I don't
see an example of it. Could you provide me with a short one to give me
a clear idea of what you mean here?

> 1. external_acl_type defines an acl helper type, and the arguments
> requires by this helper in what information from the request the helper
> requires (login, client IP address, requested domain etc).
>
> 2. acl defines a specific acl, including extra acl data such as group
> names etc for the helper.

If the external_acl_type definition gives the helper arguments (or,
rather, an argument set format), would the 'acl external' clause then
offer additional arguments, or just the arguments to fill those expected
by external_acl_type?

Is all this documented extensively outside the conf file? Where might I
find examples of this?

Thanks for your prompt replies!! :)

Best

* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *