Re: [squid-users] urgent squid with squidguard help

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:37:38 +0200

Vishal For You wrote:

> I am using squid for a long time. Right now the company i am working
> in wants to restrict internet usage based on departments and location.
> I have installed squidguard but facing problems with configuration. I
> know this is wrong place to ask questions about squidguard but this is
> the only place from where i had got answers to my questions for squid
> quickly :-).
> I have configured the redirect_program and children directive.
> I just want to know whether i should allow all in squid.conf and then
> restrict the usage with squidguard?

Hello,
You can use both.....but if oyu will have ACL's in squid AND in
squidguard it will become very difficult to administrate this.
So if you're using squidguard, just implement the 'default' acl's (with
auth) in squid , and use squidguard for the rest.
It's already more then a year ago that I worked with Squidguard, so I
can't give you more information. But as far as I remember there are some
good examples on the Squidguard website..

rgrds,

          Bart