Re: [squid-users] Load balancing on single machine

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:56:13 +0200

Dusan Djordjevic wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I plan to install few instances of Squid on one multiprocessor box and
> balance load between them. I plan to use LinuxVirtualServer for it. Do
> someone have that kind of solution ? What load balancing you suggest ?
> Any other recommendation ?

 Do you have an idea of the sustained http reqs/sec , your squid
 has to deal with ?

 On design terms I would question whether this setup is
meaningfull,since
 only one box is being used. Single point of failure issues e.d.
 would probably lead to think that at least 2 boxes, with one virtual
 address (server) would be better.

 M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.