[squid-users] Wb_ntlmauth breaks persistant_request_timeout?

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:55:44 -0600

List,
This is related to a problem I have posted about dying active pages.
I've been testing this using a Yahoo web mail account. The problem is
when I try to send an e-mail to anybody and the window is open for more
than 1 minute, it will display a "page can not be found" error
immediately after hitting "send". This behavior is also duplicated with
pages with JSP and CGI forms and active menus.

I am running squid 2.5.3 on RH9.0 with wb_ntlmauth helper authenticating
to a Win2k AD Domain.

Here is what I found: If I bypass the wb_ntlmauth with a http_access
allow with my src IP address, then the setting of
persistant_request_timeout 30 minutes works like a charm and I can keep
an e-mail page for up to 30 minutes. If I do not bypass wb_ntlmauth and
have to authenticate, then the e-mail send page dies after 1 minute.

This appears to be a bug to me. I have 800 users and many of them are
complaining about this. I am trying to get rid of our M$ proxy servers
for other reasons mentioned in past postings. Please help with this. I
can provide .conf files and ethereal dumps if requested. I have
duplicated this on two different servers. TIA.

-Mark Pelkoski