[squid-users] Re: Unable to forward this request at this time

From: Norman Zhang <nzhang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:37:10 -0700

Hi,

> I am trying to access the internet using my Proxy Server
> http://192.168.22.6:3128, but when I hit any page, I got
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> * Unable to forward this request at this time.
>
> This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent
> caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:
>
> * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct
> connections to origin servers, and

Would someone mind telling me can find related directives for this?

> * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

I only have one squid server running. Does this mean I need to disable cache
parents? I am new to squid, am I safe to presume that since none are set for
cache_peer* then I am fine? Are there additional directives I need to
disable/enable?

Regards,
Norman