RE: [squid-users] What would you suggest?

From: Adrian Hope-Hodgetts VK4MIA <vk4mia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:03:19 +1000

Richard,

We have a similar setup using two 6 GiG 5400Rpm drives one for OS and
one for Cache. Processor is PIII450Mhz with 384Mb Ram running on OpenBSD
3.3. It is more than ample for our needs.
Your suggested machine is fine, however if cost is important you can
spec your suggested machine down.
If the machine is only going to be used for Squid and "Nothing" else
then RH has a lot of other stuff that is not needed.
You may like to find a *nix distrib that doenst offer all the frilly
bits.

Regards
Adrian Hope-Hodgetts